Friday, October 5, 2012

Will We Ever Learn to THINK Outside of The Two Party System?

Our two party system is strictly for the birds... not meaning to insult some of nature's finest creatures!
I was 'raised' a Democrat. My Dad used to tell me the same line I am sure many of you heard growing up: The Democrats care about the poor, and the Republicans only care about the rich. To a certain extent that still may be true...some of it... but it has gotten a LOT more complicated than that! IMO, both parties have taken on aspects that I simply do not like. If 'you' do --hey, that's fine.
What the two party system has succeeded in doing to the ultimate extreme is to polarize the people of this nation, dividing them to the point where most people of both parties have become radicals adherants with no tolerance of the other's opinions. Both sides have become so narrow and unyielding, because of their utter devotion to their respective parties, that there is little wiggle room for any kind of discernment or intelligent deciphering. The unquestioning devotion is frightening.
No, not 'all' (either party) are like this. And, what is, to me, most encouraging of all, is that many people are beginning to WAKE UP and realize "wait a minute, something is not quite right here...' Thanks be to all that is GOOD for that.
As tempting as it is, I will refrain from divulging some of the things I believe (or don't believe) about our government--not any of which is too complimentary...but we'll just play the game here as it 'appears' to be.
Most of my friends know I do NOT vote. When I tell people this, I take my chances. Its like "Leave this country!" and I an assigned to a fairly low number on their shit list. I do not care. It's my belief that it is NOT 'the people' who 'elect' the next president. You see, I WOULD actually vote for certain people who I believe are NOT corrupt or puppet material. What pisses me off more than ANYTHING else is when people tell me "Well, if you vote for that person...you might as well be voting for _____ (insert candidate of your choice here...) Or the other other one: "If you don't vote you have no right to complain!" Oh please, gimme a break! This I will admit to: Even though my vote may not 'count' if I voted outside of the Hallowed Two Party religions... I would at least have the satisfaction of following my feelings. And for that reason, I will end up doing a Write In. Last time I voted, I did just that. I wrote "Mickey Mouse" clearly and boldly on the specified write-in line. If you want to credit me with the current mess we have in this country, please, be my guest.
A friend of mine on FB, taking his own chances of disapproval, said that there were things from BOTH parties that he agreed with. I agree with that. When you take some of those 'party ideals' and blend them into the same pot -- you've got a pretty sensible mix. Again, IMO. Thing is, both parties bullshit their way through their speeches and rhetoric...and a lot of it can be catogorized under Hot Air, Sounds Good, and ApCray. Same person also wisely observed: I get tired of people thinking the country will go to hell if _______ becomes president. Like we are pinning all of our OWN personal power and responsibility on one person, giving him all of our power, and ready to let everything go to hell in a handbasket. That is the epitome of stupidity. I know, I know...if some of you have read it THIS far, mayhaps you have assigned to me the title of Simpleton...as in over simplifying everything because 'she really doesn't get it.' Yeah, I do.
Basically, I believe in the principals of anarchy. Self rule. Ok, stop rolling your eyes. I am talking about the TRUE principals of anarchy which, to me, IMO, complies with the teachings of Metaphysics ( and/of including Quantum Physics. You Create Your Own Reality. Do I really believe that? Yup~! Am I always a bright, shining, and flawless example of that? Nope. :) But it is where my core -- my HEART is.
Those of you who are picturing anarchists as lawless pillagers and plunderers, please educate yourselves, do a little Googling and be willing to see the Big Picture. Dankeshane. :) If you understand the principals of metaphysics and Universal Laws..ex: The Law of Attraction, then you know my idea isn't Pink Fluff. If you don't, I can understand, too. If we see the world and all of humanity as BAAAAD...that it needs to be SAVED...and it needs LAWS to govern every breath we take...then yes...you then DO need those Laws. For "IT IS DONE UNTO YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR BELIEFS" Thank you, Jesus.  Idealistic. Sure. I know it is. But it beats the heck out of all the hate and prejudice that goes on between the two parties.
I am proud of my friends who are affiliated with Occupy and Anarchists. They are able to see beyond the 'script' that is handed out to us via the media and mainstream mind control. Sure, you will always have a few 'that give it a bad name'... well, ladies and gents, may I then present to you the MAJORITY of the two parties who are afraid to crawl OUT of the box and have blind faith in the Sanctity of Their Sacred Parties.
Sheesh, people.
True, we each have to do 'our own thing.' Slowly, people ARE waking up and actually starting to Question Authority!! Someday, I DO BELIEVE... the Hundredth Monkey principal WILL overcome this two party system -- and I intend to be part of those groups of people who BELIEVE in something far greater than being a Republican or a Democrat... for The Awakened Ones WILL change things, by assuming
RESPONSIBILITY for their lives coupled with the WILLINGNESS to do that. Peace. 
Enough for now. ( I HEARD THAT...) :)
Namaste'
_/\_